With the Nanoworkbench from Klocke Nanotechnik abrasive wear tests are very fast, easy and secure:
- Any tool can be fixed at the wear tester head to rub over a sample, in-situ visible in the SEM image.
- A weight can be fixed at the arm of the tool holder to add a defined pressure onto the friction tool.
- The friction tool is navigated by Live Image Positioning in xy and by the 1D-Nanofinger® (operating as Scout) in z onto the sample, just by mouse-click, also onto isolators.
- An automatic macro moves the friction tool along a line (defined by Live Image Positioning), several times scratching along the surface. After a set of such lines the 2D-Nanofinger® (operating in Linescan mode) measures by a Linescan perpendicular to the scratch the depth of the scratched line.
- Repeating this macro in an outer loop shows the digging into the sample, Linescan by Linescan.
- Since all macros of the Nanoworkbench can be edited many variations of this process can be designed by any user.