With the Nanoworkbench from Klocke Nanotechnik spot heating of material is very fast and easy.
- The heat source operates like a lamp: a tungsten wire is thinned at a tiny U-shaped front area down to about 30 microns and heats up there, like the Tungsten spiral of a lamp. The SEM/FIB chamber establishes the necessary vacuum.
- Possible applications are melting, welding, soldering, material testing, etc.
The features of the Nanoworkbench enable in addition:
- Live Image Positioning to direct the spot heater in XY to the target area just by mouse-click into the SEM image.
- Nanofinger® Scouting for a fast and secure automatic approach of the spot heater to the sample, also on isolators.
- The Sequencer can embed pre-defined heating steps into complete processes and macros.